School Trips and Experiences
Throughout the school year at St Theresa's we plan a wide variety of visits and experiences for the children at our school. This can be through our 'Well Being Wednesday' activities each half term, school / trips visits to enhance the curriculum and children's learning or by taking part in experiences that support the development of their cultural capital.
Well being Wednesday Activities
- Relax Kids / Yoga for Kids
- Watching a Pantomine in School
- Freddy Fit
Experiences that support the development of their cultural capital
- Visit to the cinema for all children
- Learning to play the recorder - Y3-Y6
- Shakespeare Theatre Play performed 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' in School
- A whole school visit to Oldham Coliseum Theatre to watch a ballet - Pinnochio
- A zoom meeting with the author Jonathon Emmett books include 'Here Be Monsters'
- A visit from Victoria Evans - who we followed on her solo row.
- The opportunity to take part in inter school competitions throughout the year.
- Taking part in the Young Voices Choir at the AO Arena, Manchester (previously MEN Arena in Manchester)
School Trips this year and in previous years
- Blackpool Zoo
- Tropical World , Leeds
- Bramhall Hall
- The Grosvenor Museum and Roman Experience - Chester
- The Bridgewater Hall Manchester - Y4 Halle Orchestra Concert playing guitars and violins
- Touchstones Museum, Rochdale
- Quarry Bank Mill, Styal
- Y6 Residentials
- A trip to the beach
Visits from people in the Local / Wider Community
- Father Derek - Our Parish Priest
- Bishop John Arnold - To open our Prayer Garden
- Sale Sharks - Tag Rugby and Healthy Eating lessons for Y3 and Y4
- Local PCSO to talk to us about keeping ourselves safe online and when we are out and about in our local community.
- Fire Service Visits
- Swimming Teacher visit to teach the children about Water Safety.
- Sister Joan to work with the Caritas Ambassadors and support during School Fairs.
- Tesco Champion to speak with the Caritas Ambassadors about a Community Uniform box idea that they wanted to develop to see if she could help with a donation.