At St. Theresa’s Primary School, we appreciate the positive impact that the online world can have on children's education.
We provide children with regular and rich opportunities to learn about the importance of staying safe online, both at home and at school. These include:
• Participating in Safer Internet Day annually
• Online safety competitions
• Discussions with children during every Computing lesson or cross-curricular use of ICT about how to stay safe
• Computing units within the curriculum with a focus on leaving a positive digital footprint (such as website design in Year five and online safety in Year six)
• Digital leaders within school to promote online safety
• Workshops with children from outside agencies, such as the NSPCC
• Parent workshops
Below Parents and Carers can find some very useful guides produced by National Online Safety. These are produced each week as part of their 'Wake Up Wednesday' resources.